You won't even miss the carne—I promise.
- 16 oz. package dry pasta, any kind you have around from spaghetti to penne will do just fine—whole wheat will up the fiber.
- two lemons (organic if possible)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup savory grating cheese—we like Asiago for this recipe so the other flavors don't get overpowered
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, washed and chopped
Here's the great part--it's super easy!
- Boil water and cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking scrub the lemons and grate off the top layer of the peel on both into lemon zest. Squeeze the juice out into a bowl, remove any seeds.
- Place pasta in big bowl, drop on the fresh parsley, olive oil, lemon juice lemon zest and toss. Add grated cheese and toss.
Viola! you're done!
Serve with crusty bread and a cold vegetable soup (carrot ginger recipe to come next week) for a tasty and festive dinner for 4-5.